Located in the vast and stunning Gobi—the Three Camel Lodge naturally lends itself to social distancing with our open blueprint and low bed count. Mongolia is also one of the countries with blessedly few confirmed cases—less than 1,400 total in a country of more than 3.27 million—and zero cases in the Gobi per current reporting.
In navigating this new world, we have taken measures to further enhance the safety of our guests and associates, always putting you first. We have taken all appropriate steps in keeping with the World Health Organization and in many cases are exceeding best practice guidelines—all to ensure your well-being and a worry-free experience throughout your stay.
While there have been these updates, as guests return this Spring to bask in the “unchanging wilderness” for which we are renowned, we promise that what also remains unchanged is the heart of Three Camel Lodge—with you at the center.
Please see our safety measures below, and if you would like to discuss any concerns or specifics, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prior to Departure:
- Travel documents will be sent electronically instead of paper documents.
- This will include pre-departure information about Mongolia, invoice, cultural guidelines, and articles.
- We have always recommended precautionary purchase of Medical Travel Insurance.
At the Airport:
- All airport transfers are private.
- All vehicles are cleaned and properly sanitized between each use.
- Drivers wear protective face masks throughout the ride.
Check-in at the Lodge:
- Receive a no-contact temperature check on arrival.
- Enjoy easy and worry-free check-in process.
- Your ger assignments will be made prior to your arrival and your pre-sanitized keys will be handed to you in a sealed envelope.
- Our staff undergoes regular training for practicing proper hygiene, safety and physical distancing as per latest guidelines from public health departments and WHO.
- Enhanced staff training and adaptability for a rapid response in following protocols in the event of any medical emergency.
- Staff receive a daily temperature check as well as health questionnaire before beginning work shift.
- If a staff member displays any COVID-19 symptoms, they will be asked to quarantine immediately.
- All staff will be wearing protective face masks at all times.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be strategically installed across the lodge grounds
- All frequently touched surfaces will be constantly cleaned and disinfected.
- Enhanced laundry practice for linens and towels using detergent with disinfecting properties.
- Each of our 40 gers are widely spaced apart providing plenty of personal space and privacy for guests.
- All gers have private en suite bathroom facilities.
- All gers are deep cleaned, sanitized and well ventilated for 24 hours before being re-assigned.
Dining and Dino Bar Experience:
- Seating capacity in our dining area has been reduced so all tables are spaced more than 6 feet or 1.8 meters apart.
- The seating capacity at the bar has also been reduced.
- All services will be by appointment only to allow proper cleaning and sanitation of the room between each guest and to limit the number of people inside the spa room in order to maintain social distancing.
- Face masks/coverings will be required at all times.
- Scheduled tours, activities, and special event room usage must be booked in advance to likewise ensure distancing and allow time to sanitize.
- All riding equipment and protective gear such as bicycles, motorcycles, helmets, saddles and chaps will be properly cleaned and disinfected after every use.